Monday, March 10, 2008

Thrift Finds



I've started collecting clothes from my friends and co-workers with the hope of selling them at a consignment store for profit, and then donating the money I receive back to non-profit. When I was dropping some clothes off last week (wearing a nice new sweater I circumvented from the pile) I came across these two beautiful kitchen pieces, a kettle and a cast iron pot perfect for scalloped potatoes. We made the potatoes the other night, scooping from its yellow depths, feeling as though we were partaking in something very special indeed- something to partake in on holidays in our forever. And the corning wear kettle is the size of three cups of chai, creamy milk from Calder Dairy, heated directly on the stove with this honey you see in the picture, produced by the hardworking bees of Petoskey, Michigan. Seeing this kettle on our stove always makes me want to call my mom. When I was growing up she was constantly reaching for her corning wear pots and pans. Not bad finds, I say. Something used made new to me! They make me oh-so happy.



1 comment:

sarahross said...

My mom had the white & blue Corningware, too! Grandma still has the kettle! I found a copper pot at a thrift store not long ago that I swear makes everything taste better. I loved the sticky buns story. I did the same thing with bread once...we were out and I decided that I could "whip" some up. Ha! Worth the wait, though. Thinking of you...